KCRW Releases New App
with Apple Music and Spotify Integration
The new design showcases podcasts and on-demand shows, allows users to build their own playlists from their favorite KCRW DJs, and helps members find benefits with an interactive map.
Today KCRW launched the newly-redesigned KCRW app. Free and available for IOS and Android, the new app has an improved user interface and a bevy of features geared towards a better experience for members and fans alike:
- Be your own DJ! Play KCRW’s Top Tracks at any party right off your phone, or stream your favorite DJ’s show on demand. No time to plan, Eclectic 24 is always there for you – 24/7.
- Spotify and Apple Music integration – now you can connect the KCRW app to your Spotify or Apple Music account to instantly play, and save songs, without leaving the app.
- Unlike podcast-only apps, favorite podcasts and music shows can be added to one feed. Episodes can also be saved offline for use in areas where wi-fi/service is spotty (i.e. your next long flight!)
- KCRW Members now have their Fringe Benefits card conveniently available in the app, with a new, interactive map that finds the benefits near you when you’re on the go. Filter by food, culture or entertainment and flash your digital card to rack up benefits.
- And of course live radio streaming is available, including optional live-streams from KCRW Berlin as well as exclusive content like Today’s Top Tune – Live and Free from MBE, featuring select songs from Morning Becomes Eclectic performances, chosen by the artists themselves.
The new KCRW app is available now for both IOS and Android users at the App store.
KCRW creates and curates a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. We are driven by the spirit of LA and deliver in innovative ways — on the radio, digitally and in person — to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world. A community service of Santa Monica College, KCRW can be found on the air in LA, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Mojave, Palm Springs, San Luis Obispo, and online at kcrw.com.