Berlin’s new English language public radio station – KCRW Berlin 104,1 FM
Berlin, September 14, 2017- We are pleased to announce that the Medienanstalt Berlin- Brandenburg has granted the license to the frequency 104,1 FM to KCRW Berlin. KCRW Berlin is a locally operated English language community radio station affiliated with KCRW, US public radio’s flagship station for Southern California.
KCRW Berlin represents cutting edge US public radio with an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming. Broadcasts will include locally produced content reflecting the spirit of Berlin, NPR news shows, as well as shows produced by KCRW and other public radio entities in the United States. Community events will also feature strongly in KCRW Berlin’s activities, from annual holiday events to Town Halls and panel discussions.
As KCRW’s first international partner, KCRW Berlin provides a unique platform for cultural exchange and leveraging the 50-year Sister City relationship between Berlin and Los Angeles.
Upcoming programming will include:
- Visiting hosts and shows between Berlin and the United States
- Daily local headlines
- Weekly current affairs show on topics of local interest.
- Monthly show on German and European public policy
- Berlin culture show
- Music show featuring Berlin techno sounds
- Guests segments featuring Berlin-based DJs on KCRW’s dance and electronic music show,‘Metropolis’“KCRW is thrilled to be expanding its voice within the international community,” said Jennifer Ferro, President, KCRW, Los Angeles. “Berlin is one of the most exciting cities in the world. It shares the spirit that we find in Los Angeles – an international destination driven by arts, culture, music, food, politics and policy.”
To find out more about our upcoming events and programs listen to us, beginning October 1, 2017 on 104.1 FM. Be sure to tune in!
KCRW creates and curates a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. We are driven by the spirit of LA and deliver in innovative ways — on the radio, digitally and in person — to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world. A community service of Santa Monica College, KCRW can be found on the air in LA, Berlin, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Mojave, Palm Springs, and via the KCRW smart phone app and online at kcrw.com |twitter.com/kcrw | facebook.com/kcrwradio| instagram.com/kcrw
KCRW: Jill Smayo, VP Operations, KCRW, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 310-314-4628
KCRW Berlin: Susan Woosley, COO, email@example.com, +49 (0)151 2128 3304