KCRW DJ’s Top 10 Albums of 2013!
See them all here
Just in time for Cyber Monday and your holiday music shopping, we’ve compiled all our DJ’s Top 10 Albums of 2013.
Two other artists who made their live radio debut on KCRW’s signature music show Morning Becomes Eclectic – Rhye and King Krule – also made the list, as well as Lorde, whose YouTube video from her live session has racked up over three million views.
Rounding out the top most chosen artists:
The debut album from South African electronic project John Wizards, which was also a DJ favorite, is streaming now as part of KCRW’s Album Preview series.
See lists by all 22 DJs here and view Music Director Jason Bentley’s Top 10 below.
Jason Bentley’s Top 10 Albums of 2013
1. Arcade Fire – Reflektor (Merge)
2. Laura Mvula – Sing to the Moon (RCA)
3. Phoenix – Bankrupt! (Glassnote)
4. Jim James – Regions of Light and Sound of God (ATO)
5. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Live From KCRW (Bad Seed Ltd)
6. Toro Y Moi – Anything In Return (Carpark)
7. Jagwar Ma – Howlin (Mom + Pop)
8. Atoms For Peace – Amok (XL)
9. Mayer Hawthorne – Where Does This Door Go (Republic)
10. Queens of the Stone Age – …Like Clockwork (Matador)
Music Publicity Director
1900 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310) 314-4625 DIRECT
About KCRW: KCRW 89.9FM is an NPR affiliate serving Southern California and licensed to Santa Monica College. The public radio station represents cutting edge radio at its best, presenting an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming. The terrestrial signal serves Los Angeles, Orange, and Ventura counties, as well as parts of San Diego, San Bernardino, Kern, and Santa Barbara counties and the greater Palm Springs area. KCRW’ s programming is internationally renowned and available worldwide at KCRW.com. KCRW offers an all-music channel, Eclectic24, an all news channel and on-air simulcast. . Podcasts and archives of our locally-produced programs and live band performances are available on our website, as well as on our smartphone apps for the iPhone, Android and Blackberry. KCRW’s acclaimed Music Mine app for iPad is dedicated to music discovery.