KCRW DJ’s Top 10 Albums of 2014!
KCRW DJs have selected their favorite albums of 2014 and you can see them all here.
The full length debut from Norwegian producer Todd Terje was the top pick among our 23 DJs who have been supporting him since he began his run of celebrated remixes & edits in 2006.
He was followed closely in a 4-way tie between Ray LaMontagne, Beck, the War on Drugs and Ty Segall. See the full list of KCRW DJs’ Top Ranked Albums.
LaMontagne topped Music Director and Morning Becomes Eclectic host Jason Bentley’s list, which also includes three bands who made their U.S. radio debut on the station’s famed morning music show: Hozier, Alt-J (in 2012) and Beck (in 1993).
View his full list below and keep an eye on the KCRW Music Blog over the next few weeks for additional year-end lists, including our top EPs, best LA albums of the year, standout singles, top compilations and remixes, as well as the most anticipated albums of 2015.
Music Director Jason Bentley’s Top 10 Albums of 2014
1. Ray Lamontagne – Supernova (RCA)
2. The War On Drugs – Lost In The Dream (Secretly Canadian)
3. Hozier – Hozier (Rubyworks)
4. Spoon – They Want My Soul (Loma Vista/ Republic)
5. alt-J – This Is All Yours (Atlantic/ Canvasback)
6. Ty Segall – Manipulator (Drag City)
7. Flight Facilities – Down To Earth (Glassnote)
8. Todd Terje – It’s Album Time (Olsen)
9. Beck – Morning Phase (Capitol)
10. First Aid Kit – Stay Gold (Colombia)
(Note: Click on highlighted bands to find their KCRW live sessions from this year!)