California Highway Patrol issued an AMBER Alert last night for the two missing children of a woman whose body was found inside a burned-out house in rural eastern San Diego County.

US-KIDNAPPING-AMBER-ALERT-CELLPHONE

The sheriff’s department says the home in the town of Boulevard is owned by James DiMaggio, who is believed to have killed Christina Anderson and one child. Police are looking for 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson. DiMaggio is said to be driving a blue Nissan Versa with California license plate 6WCU986.

Smartphone users across the state got the alert late last night, as part of the Wireless Emergency Alert program, a smartphone version of the Emergency Alert System. Many were startled by the loud buzzing sound and took their reactions to social media:

KCRW’s Steve Chiotakis spoke to Jaime Coffee, spokeswoman for California Highway Patrol, who says the AMBER Alerts work.

But Timothy Griffin, assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of Nevada, Reno, has studied AMBER Alerts and questions their effectiveness.

• Laura Martelle said:

Keep doing what your doing. No complaints from me. Why tax up the system with a bunch of needless debate…we have children to find! Do we really have problems?

• morrighansmuse said:

Got the amber alert blaring on my radio this morning but no problems. If it were my baby missing, I'd be praying that someone at least pays attention to the alerts.

• Jaimie said:

Got the alert last night but when the pop up came up that asked if I wanted to receive these alerts, the amber alert screen vanished before I could even read it. I have not received any since regarding this current one.

• Francis Hild said:

I was very pleased to uncover this site. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to see new information on your web site.|

• Home Page said:

It's good and useful as wel but just annoying sudden loud sound and breake the sleep.

• Grosir Baju Bulutangkis Li-Ning Murah said:

Thanks for your approaches you have shared here. Whatever else I would really like to mention is normally that laptop memory demands generally go up as well as other advancements inside of the technological innovation. For instance, any time new generations of processors are produced inside present marketplace, there is typically a comparable raise within variety telephone phone calls for of all notebook computer program storage space plus harddisk home. That is due to the fact the app procedure operated by essentially

• Gwyneth Molander said:

Thanks Grosir Tas Murah Di Tanah Abang together with the recommendations you’ve got shared right here. Nearly anything else I would love to mention is always that computer system reminiscence demands commonly go up too as other advancements inside of the technological innovation. As an illustration, any time new generations of processors are produced within the business, there might be typically a related increase inside of the sort telephone phone calls for of all laptop system procedure memory space room plus harddisk room. This genuinely is generally due to the fact the computer software software program operated by simply just

• Rebeca said:

Thank you for giving me something worth while finding on-line keep em coming.