A memorial shrine at Santa Monica College, days after the June 7 shootings. Photo by Avishay Artsy.

June was a violent month for the city of Santa Monica. A series of shootings on June 7 near the Santa Monica College campus left 5 people dead. And unrelated gang shootings just a few days later left 2 others dead.

The alleged gunman in the college shootings, John Zawahri, had problems with mental health.

In response, the man who represents the area in Congress, Representative Henry Waxman, is holding a forum in Santa Monica on Monday to discuss gun violence and mental health.

Santa Monica Mayor Pam O’Connor, California State Senator Ted Lieu, and Zev Yaroslavsky, a member of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, will be participating in the forum.

Rep. Waxman joined KCRW’s Steve Chiotakis to discuss the issue.

• Pedro said:

Me ha gustado el articulo

• Jonson said:

• Tesha said:

The information here is first class, I hop I can come back again when I have the time.

• Tajuana said:

Thanks for your input, it help me immensely

• opaler said:

Mental health and gun control are necessary elements of our society, I've read some more about the return of tight gun control http://www.gunsafesnow.com/biometricsafes.aspx. I think a world without activists is much less fair, and doesn't encourage free speech.

• danny said:

This is an interesting and so well maintained blog. Whole article is too good and well written. vladimir's forex signals service

• fralp12 said:

Gun violence is a serious issue, and sound mental health is an absolute requirement for any person who wants to legally own a gun. I know, I recently got an extremely rugged and low profile Harris Bipod Rail Adapter that easily attaches to my Weaver dovetails, and the process was smooth and painless.

• ciaociao123 said:

I wish I was there last week for the South Loop history tour with other members and friends of the South Loop Historical Society. I've heard a great deal about troublemaker Michael James during my time with CasesByPelican.com and I would have loved to meet him, and ask him about the good old times of activism.

• GTHFCNM said:

Working on a proper space and comfortable is which make the service very good..hanks for writing this. I really feel as though I know so much more about this than I did before.. Click Here