Who will be the next LA mayor? Do you have questions you still want answered?

With just a few weeks left until Election Day, it’s time to get beyond the campaign rhetoric and 30-second commercials in the race for mayor of Los Angeles. Candidates Wendy Greuel and Eric Garcetti visit Zócalo for a live debate. They’ll take questions—and follow-ups—from Warren Olney, host of KCRW’s “Which Way, L.A.?”

It’s a chance to demand specifics about their real priorities at a time when a gaping deficit will force the next mayor to pick and choose. Will they try to “reform” public education, despite the lack of direct power over Superintendent John Deasy or elected school board members? Will they adopt Mayor Villaraigosa’s partnership schools or do they have plans of their own?

And, in a city of world-class diversity, which candidate has the most compelling vision for serving Los Angeles as a whole?

RSVP HERE

Here are the details:

Tuesday, MAY 7, 2013 2:00 p.m.

Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Parking is $8.

We will air it live on KCRW 89.9 and online.

• House Washing said:

Thanks for sharing this informative post I never want to leave this debate on mayor before election.

• GiBrah said:

"debate". lol. as if these two are actually different.

• Friday Mixer: Waning Campaign Days | Which Way L.A.? said:

[...] two candidates will meet again in a live debate on KCRW from the Petersen Automotive Museum, moderated by Warren [...]

• Today’s News: Mayoral candidates hone debate points | Which Way L.A.? said:

[...] up …KCRW’s Warren Olney will host a live debate focusing on education at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7 at the Peterson Automotive [...]

• Mayoral Debate: Teachers Give to Garcetti Super PAC - LA School Report said:

[...] union contribution may come up later today, when the candidates will take part in an education-focused debate hosted by [...]

• Live Coverage of Mayoral Education Debate - LA School Report said:

[...] We’ll be livetweeting today’s Greuel-Garcetti education debate: [...]

• bruce said:

Congrats on the debate, just ended. This is how to moderate debates and remedies the "courtier" kow-towing Jim Lehrer fell into in his last years as a moderator. Cutting them off was clearly done in the interest of the highest good for everyone. The way you handled the noisy unscheduled audience question on iPads was a real model of keeping your cool and going with the flow

• 2multo said:

Warren, you tried too hard and made the debate seem personal to your desired perspectives.

This is about letting the voters decide, and you getting out of the way–not your aggressive, rude, and "let me add my two cents analysis" as the politicians sell themselves.

The audience is smart enough to listen and make a decision without you forcing your bias on them.

• large tv console table said:

I think other internet site enthusiasts really should give some thought to this type of web site as a model. Tremendously clean and simple to use style and design, together with outstanding subject material! You are a guru in this valuable topic :)

• Deeanna said:

Hi to every , for the reason that I am really keen of reading this webpage?s post to be updated daily. It consists of nice stuff.

• Kendal said:

Get the latest referral codes and discounts for the proteinworks at http://theproteinworksreferralcode.com/

• Justa Sumlar said:

Amazing submit, definitely regret not likely to your USO style dinner. Keep up the excellent do the job!

• whatisvpn said:

Thank you virtually every other insightful net web site. Specifically exactly where otherwise may well just I am that type of details coded in this suited technique? For sale enterprise i am only at present going on, i have been at the glance out there pertaining to this kind of particulars.

• Enjellina said:

I was used and suddenly I visits your location ofttimes and advised it to American state to browse what is more. Warren Olney is hosting a mayoral debate and you should come! The expressive style is best and therefore the content has relevancy. E commerce shopping cart Thanks for the insight you give the readers!

• Brent said:

This type of debate really make sense. Last year when Obama and Romney debated lot of information both shared and cleared, as a matter effected people learn enormous resources. Hopefully Warren Olney hosted debate was an excellent one as well!!

• Kate said:

I just like to attend debate related programs. Through studying such debate great piece of information can be learn and the way two sides backs each other with various points are truly amazing experience. Thanks.

• uniforme polo said:

Interesting, very interesting blog, you can do way better, keep it up. thank you for providing us with this information. Thanks! uniforme camisa polo

• dominios venezuela said:

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after looking at a few of the posts
    I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

• Neil said:

I will recommend this to all my friends as I find the information here really interesting – can't wait for another article from you! http://edukacja.dzieciaczki.info