It’s that time of year again, when one of the world’s biggest cars shows comes to a town that loves its cars. The L.A. Auto Show will be open to the public for the next two weeks. This is your chance to ogle the newest cars and trucks from around the world. Below, Ed Loh, the editor-in-chief of “Motor Trend” magazine about the distinctive culture of cars shows (and below that, pictures!)

The L.A. Auto Show runs from November 30 to December 9 with all of the world’s major automobile manufacturers represented. There are larger shows, but the car makers like displaying their automotive eye candy in a city with such a connection to car culture and driving.

49 vehicles are making their debut at the L.A. Auto Show. A vehicle’s unveiling before the world’s automobile press can make or break the buzz around a new car.

A BMW concept car on display at the L.A. Car Show

Car makers might be more eco-conscious than they were in the past, but they’re still using old-fashioned sex appeal to draw attention to their vehicles at big car shows.

High-tech features that were once only found in luxury cars are increasingly in the dashboards of economy vehicles. Manufacturers say its partially in response to younger buyers who want their cars to be like rolling iPads.

The green car trend is on display at the L.A. Auto Show. There are two dozen all-electric or plug-in hybrid electric models on display at the show, plus about 20 vehicles getting 40 plus mpg using advanced four-cylinder gasoline engines.

• Parts said:

Don't want to see the others. BMW is my first and last choice. :P

• Mary N. Averill said:

The best part of the auto show is the part where they unveil the cars for the first time. Loads of concept cars here. Plus the evolution of the cars' front bumper is beginning once more as classic designs are moving into the future.

• bendix dryer said:

I knew I would regret looking at this when I clicked on the link. Now I want at least 2 or 3 new cars. LOL

• Ricki Martin said:

LA auto show being one of the world's largest auto has its own popularity around the world. Almost all the automobile companies of America and Europe also some Asian automobile companies participate in this auto show. Because of this, it is very well to people from different parts of the world. All new lunched models of various companies are available here.

• Vanessa Heart said:

Thanks! What I enjoy most about car shows is that you'll get to see the real car models that can be customized easily. I prefer Ford, because most of their models meets my standards. Everyone has their own preference, don't we?

• Beliye said:

What a blog! I had never seen this type of car uses. As I know cars becomes an essential element for communication in daily life; some of among us use this as an alternative entrainment product. The way of enjoying the car in the above pictures is really nice. Drive car on water surface has different feelings as it is different from driving a car in plain land surface because it is common.
    I am glad to see this article and a new way of enjoying life comes to known. The young generations as well as the old generations both are goes for it.
    Auto Repair San Jose Ca

• mariusa said:

I found out too late about this show because I would have loved to see the new collections of cars. But I am glad to see some of them here. When I was at the Miller Auto Plaza to buy a pre-owned car I thought I saw a car from this show on sale. Am I right?