Who hasn’t been the wee bit tempted to sprint down the hall to the dancing candelabra in Disneyland’s “Haunted Mansion” ride, or jump out of the boat on the “Pirates of the Caribbean” to perch on that beach with the crying gull? Of course, the candelabra is a reflection and Disneyland’s security is the stuff of lore, so you’ve likely followed the rules like the millions and millions who came before you and the millions on their way. But check out this treasure trove of pictures of presumably former cast members being a little naughty posted at Imgur by stoopidtrooper.

Surrendering to the Abominable Snowman

The timing of the photos are little unclear — the controls on Big Thunder Mountain look a little dated; the hairstyles of the men look sorta OC surfer  in the 1990s.  Plus no photo of Johnny Depp’s addition to Pirates, nor pictures of either a refurbished “Space Mountain” or “Star Tours.”   In the interest of full disclosure, my family and I are annual pass holders, and we make the trek there at least four times a year. I have a freeway short-cut, a walking short-cut and good restaurant tips. Here’s one way to keep sane: The park is designed to guide walkers to stay to the right. To avoid being caught up in the herd, veer left.

• Kevin said:

Judging from the time stamp on the pictures I would say they are from 2001 not the 90's.

• Phil said:

There's at least one with the People Mover in it. When did they kill that ride?

• kristy said:

There's one photo dated 1996

• Pictures Backstage Disneyland! said:

[...] of Disneyland's greatest rides such as The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and the Matterhorn. Enjoy! Backstage at Disneyland | Which Way L.A.? Source: Which Way, LA Blog Jeff Wayne Reply With [...]

• Jason said:

The Peoplemover was closed at Disneyland in August 1995. Also, you can see in one of the photos, Splash Mountain still under construction, which opened in July 1989. So I would guess that these photos were taken in the late 80s to the late 90s and possibly up until 2001!

• Erik said:

Katie Cooper, you think you can tell us your freeway short-cut, walking short-cut and good restaurant tips?

• katie cooper said:

Hi All- Thanks for the comments. I should have noticed the date-stamps. Makes me a little nostalgic for those long-gone days when we actually carried around a device called a camera.

As for my tips: Avoid going on a Saturday, unless you love a sea of people. As for driving: From the Westside, we take the 405 S to the 110 N to the 91 E to the 5 S. Sounds crazy, but the 110 is a just quick excursion. It's about 35 -40 min w/o traffic.In any event, get to the 5 and its carpool lane. The D-land exit from the carpool lane feeds right into the parking structure and Downtown Disney. Do not use Harbor Blvd.

As for food, the options are SO much better than they used to be. Look for places off the highest-traffic areas. The BBQ place behind Thunder Mountain is good. So are the beignets in New Orleans Square. In California Adventure, I had a pretty satisfying Mediterranean grill plate on Paradise Pier. Even if you don't go to that park, you can still get into the nice, but pricey, buffet at the Grand Californian Hotel. And the snack bar by the pool has healthy choices. Also, La Brea Bakery has a cafe in Downtown Disney.

Walking around and staying happy: If you want to go from Main Street to Pirates, "Indiana Jones" or "Splash Mountain," don't use the path by the "Jungle Cruise." It's always a bottleneck, unless it's raining. Go through Frontiertown, and come back around. If you want to go from Tomorrowland to the opposite side of the park, go around the back of Thunder Mountain, by the aforementioned BBQ. When passing through Fantasyland, skirt to the sides to avoid the parents wielding their strollers as shin and ankle weapons. If you want to get to "Space Mountain" the quickest, go around "The Matterhorn" and come back down. The path by "Star Tours" is an absolute nightmare. And speaking of Matterhorn, the northern line always, always moves faster.

• Politics Friday: 5 things you may have missed this week | Which Way L.A.? said:

[...] — there was the feisty town hall debate after all. Sometimes it makes us want to run off to Disneyland. Here are a few of  things that you may have missed while you were working on your binder full of [...]

• had said:

Excellent and decent post. I found it very much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for.
    publicidad en tapetes

• greenglobetips said:

It’s a long trip from where we are, but hopefully we make it this year.

• gas said:

Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about before.Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well written
    alfombras para uso rudo

• Joe Francis said:

Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great website.

• Branded Logos said:

Thank you very much your blog, in it for me is useful, by the way recommended reshipping.com give you a surprise to you electronic products store.

• Massage In Natic said:

Good stuff. It is interesting to read comments.

• mesa garage doors said:

This is an interesting and so well maintained blog. Whole article is too good and well written.

• luciferwilliams said:

This was truly a good example of a perfect blog for personal use. Thanks for inspiring me. I really got great information from your relevant post. This will surely help many others blog japan

• Elane Azen said:

Very nice blog post. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep writing!

• smith73 said:

Thanks for the tip! This is a very light blog, very easy to read and indulged into.

• Meercy Lyn said:

Disneyland is the nicest place to visit and I really wish to go there. I hope one day I could experience riding some of the rides. Seeing those wonderful fountains and fireworks display is amazing. DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuit

• Dessert safari said:

Excellent written post. thanks for sharing with us.

• plumbers fall river said:

awesome!

• IT Support Melbourne said:

I enjoy you because of every one of your effort on this site.

• get essay said:

I Love Disney Land, i want to lively see Disney World! thanks for sharing and information detail..

• Katty said:

Wow, i loved it. Thanks for sharing..!!
    Katty

• Dmitry said:

This topic is the one that I have been looking into from last 3 days and your insight is extremely useful. Thanks for sharing this information

• obat luka diabetes said:

Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely

• eveshopashop keren said:

What a great post, i enjoying reading your post, this give me a lot of idea especially for my next presentation. Thanks a lot for sharing dude.

• altamira123 said:

I'd wish to have a annual pass also

• qmobile said:

by deseding them they keep it up and hope fully they win