In a nut shell…
At 10 p.m Friday night, the NB405 Freeway the Wilshire Boulevard on- and off-ramps will close for demolition and reconstruction. The demolition portion of the project will take three days, during which time street closures will be in effect, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Agency (Metro).
Demolition and reconstruction of the ramps is planned to take about 90 days.
Veterans Administration – Talk about timing people, really? REALLY? Really.
The Veterans Administration will close the gates to its West Los Angeles campus, reports The Santa Monica Patch. Yikes! That’s been a great shortcut for Santa Monica residents avoiding the bummer to bummer on Wilshire Boulevard.
Full closure of the following ramps begins tonight (Friday) at 10pm.
Friday beginning at 10pm
- 405 NORTH off-ramp to westbound Wilshire
- Westbound Wilshire on-ramp to 405 NORTH
The nitty gritty:
37 Traffic Officers will be on site Monday morning to assist with detours, according to Cheif Greg Savelli from the Department of Transportation (LADOT).
” It is hoped after a week or so detours will have taken hold and we will reduce staffing”, tweeted Savelli.
Contractors are to permanently seal the Wilshire off ramp today (Friday) to begin installing a new fly-over structure that will eventually separate exiting and entering traffic, Metro officials said.The work is part of a 90-day scheduled closure of the ramps.
Here are your next 3 days West Siders…
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- Full closure of Sepulveda Boulevard between Wilshire Boulevard and Montana Avenue; 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Two lanes closed in both directions on Wilshire Boulevard between Veteran and Federal avenues; 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Full closure of Sepulveda Boulevard between Wilshire Boulevard and Montana Avenue; 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Two lanes closed in both directions on Wilshire Boulevard between Veteran and Federal; 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Information gathered from: