When The Rapture comes the faithful will ascend to heaven; when The Rampture comes no one will move.
Starting Friday June 22, 2012 our world on the West Side will never be the same…
(imagine a musical stinger here) The Rampture begins.
Wilshire Boulevard Off Ramp Closed – Driving up from LAX and going north on the 405 you cannot use the westbound ramp to exit to Wilshire Boulevard towards Brentwood or the V.A. Hospital.
Alternate – Take the Santa Monica Boulevard exit and use surface streets. Take note, this is not a secret and the surface streets are expected to be very similar to Dante’s Inferno.
Wilshire Boulevard On Ramp Closed - Traffic heading west on Wilshire Blvd. from the UCLA area will not be able to enter the northbound 405 at Wilshire.
Alternate – You will be detoured onto Sepulveda Blvd to the next on-ramps, near Sunset Boulevard.
Construction on the Wilshire ramps will continue 24 hours per day and 7 days per week until they are complete, metro officials said. A little shortcut that many Angelinos have used for years won’t survive the new world order. When complete, the new interchange will mean you won’t be able to bypass the stopped cars on the NB 405 freeway mainline lanes via the Wilshire collector ramps.
What to Expect: Dante’s Inferno
- June 21 – Full closure of Sepulveda, from Wilshire to Montana, 10pm to 6am.
- Two lanes closed in each direction of EB/WB Wilshire, from Veteran to Federal,
- 10pm to 6am.
- June 22- 23: Full closure of Sepulveda, Wilshire to Montana, 9pm to 10am.
- Two lanes closed, EB/WB Wilshire, from Veteran to Federal, 9pm to 10am.
- June 24 – Full closure of Sepulveda, Wilshire to Montana, 8pm to 6am.
- Two lanes closed, EB/WB Wilshire, Veteran to Federal, 8pm to 6am.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
- Work is weather permitting and subject to change.
- Visit Metro’s website for the latest project updates, www.metro.net/I-405
We will have more as we put together a survivor’s guide for the 405! Good luck my friends, good luck.