Happy New Year!
No need to drink and drive,
Metro is offering free rides on buses and trains from 9:00pm tonight – 2:00am Tuesday.
Need a ride? Tipsy Tow (800-222-4357) and more below – at the bottom of this post.
CHP is on Maximum Enforcement Period. Every available officer will be out looking for people driving under the influence.
Moorpark – Moorpark on Tijera Rejada Rd
- East LA DUI checkpoint at Eastern and Telegraph
- Panorama City /Sun Valley DUI checkpoint at Roscoe and Coldwater
- Cabazon DUI checkpoint at Main St and Harrison
- Fontana DUI checkpoint at Sierra and Merrill
- San Fernando Valley – Roscoe Blvd. & Coldwater Canyon
- Los Angeles – S. Eastern & Telegraph Rd.
- Moreno Valley at Perris and Iris
- South LA at Broadway and 51st
- Rialto at Riverside and Foothill
- La Habra DUI checkpoint at Harbor and Whittier
- Santa Monica DUI checkpoint at Santa Monica Blvd and 11th.
- Gardena – S Western Ave. & Rosecrans Ave – now – 2:00am
Los Angeles DUI Checkpoints
- Santa Monica – still need time & exact location
- Gardena – S Western Ave & Rosecrans Ave
- Long Beach – DUI Patrol
- Pomona – DUI Patrol
- South Los Angeles Area – DUI Patrol
- West Valley Area –CGP DUI Patrol
- West Hollywood – LASD DUI Patrol
- Avoid the 100 West – DUI Patrol
San Diego DUI Checkpoints
Orange County DUI Checkpoints
Still waiting for info
Inland Empire DUI Checkpoints
Kern County / Bakersfield
Waiting for info
Other California DUI Checkpoints
- 8PM on – San Francisco off 8th & Folsom St
Thanks to DUI Checkpoints (@checkpointsDUI)
Thanks to Mr. Speedtrap (@MrSpeedTrap)
Who to call for a ride…get an app for that.
Cabulous - “Give us a second & we’ll send a taxi to you.”
Taxi Magic - “Booking and managing rides is quick and easy, saving you time and hassle”
Uber - “Request from Anywhere at any time. Tell us where you want to be picked up.”
Don’t want to leave your car, but still need a ride?
Road Angels – “Have a Blast not a Bust! Road Angeles social media portal is for #LA area people who like to party AND get home safe. Membership is FREE and has lot’s of cool perks.”
“A free tow home if you get drunk!
You don’t even have to be a member. On New Years Eve and possibly New Years Day,
you get a one-time free tow for a limited number of miles (no rides for your passengers) to your residence.
Save Tipsy-Tow as a last ditch effort and have a plan for other ways to get home safely.
800-AAA-HELP (California 800-400-4AAA)
MADD, The Center for Disease Control, law enforcement and others all support well publicized DUI checkpoints as a deterrent for drivers that want to drink. Plan ahead, get your designated driver.
As a victim of a drunk driver, it is my wish that by posting this you will choose to not drink and drive.