My Friend and Colleague and author of Radio Shangri-La What I learned in Bhutan The Happiest Kingdom on Earth Lisa Napoli
“This weekend, ten miles of roads around LA are shutting down—for a good cause.Not for reconstruction or improvements—but to show us all the value of getting out of our cars. Walking in the roads we usually drive. Seeing Los Angeles in a different way.Heidi Zeller of CicLAvia told us on the air that organizers are trying to make this a regular event around the city, like it is in Bogota, where each Sunday 80 miles of roads are closed to traffic.”
CicLAvia returns to Downtown, Macarthur Park and Hollywood on Sunday, October 9, 2011. This time there are three more miles of bike riding bliss.
Street closures will begin at 7am and everything will be closed by 9am. There will be 18 crossing points along the way.
The event is from 10am-3pm and all closures should be picked up by 5pm.
Streets Closed for CicLAvia:
- 4th Street from the 5 to Central, 4th from Virgil to New Hampshire
- Central from 4th to 1st, Central from the 10 to Olympic
- 1st from Central to Spring
- Spring from 1st to 9th
- 9th from Central to Spring
- Main from 1st to Cesar Chavez
- 7th from Spring to Parkview
- 6th from Parkview to Virgil
- New Hampshire from 4th to Rosewood
- Heliotrope from Rosewood to north of Melrose
Thank you to my good friends at Total Traffic