Full 10-Hour Northbound I-405 Freeway Closures at Santa Monica Boulevard in West L.A. Planned May 17, 18
On the nights of Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m. The northbound side will be closed.
“Because these closures are twice as long as the normal five-hour night-time freeway closures, motorists are advised to plan ahead, avoid the area or take alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion”, reports Metro.
Northbound Santa Monica Boulevard off and on-ramps will remain open.
- Detour: Exit at the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, go straight through traffic light and enter the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
- Traffic control officers will be deployed.
- CHP will be monitoring the area surrounding the closure.
The following ramps will be closed during the 10-hour closures:
- Northbound Olympic Boulevard on-ramp
- Santa Monica Boulevard from Sawtelle Boulevard to Sepulveda Boulevard
- I-10 west connector to northbound I-405
- I-10 east connector to northbound I-405