Attention Residents and Business Owners
As part of construction of the Expo Line project, work crews will temporarily close La Cienega Boulevard at Jefferson
Boulevard for street and intersection reconstruction and paving.
Closure of La Cienega Blvd at Jefferson Blvd
What: Temporary intersection closure for street reconstruction, including excavation, curb and gutters, traffic
signals, repaving and restriping.
Where/When: The intersection of La Cienega Boulevard at Jefferson Boulevard will be closed to through traffic on the
Continuous Closure – 7:00 p.m. Friday, April 15 to 6:00 a.m. Monday, April 25, 2011
Construction Work Hours 7:00 a.m. to 12 midnight, Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12 midnight, Saturday and Sunday
• Northbound traffic on La Cienega Boulevard will be detoured eastbound at Rodeo Road to
northbound La Brea Avenue.
• Southbound traffic on La Cienega Boulevard will be detoured eastbound at Washington Boulevard or
Adams Boulevard to southbound La Brea Avenue.
• Westbound traffic on Jefferson Boulevard will be detoured at La Brea Avenue.
• Weekend Detour for Eastbound Traffic – Eastbound traffic on National Boulevard will be detoured
southbound at Jefferson Boulevard to eastbound Rodeo Road.
• Weekday Detour for Eastbound Traffic – Eastbound traffic on Jefferson Boulevard will be detoured
northbound at La Cienega Boulevard to eastbound Adams Boulevard.
• Drivers heading westbound and eastbound on Jefferson Boulevard are encouraged to use
Washington Boulevard, Adams Boulevard or Rodeo Road as alternate routes.
• Local access will be maintained by use of flaggers for residences and businesses.
• Electronic message boards and other directional signage will be used