.UPDATE 2:30 pm 5/29
No new checkpoints found but confirmed the one in Northridge on Reseda southbound before Nordhoff…
no DUI checkpoints announced but roving saturation patrols are a possibility…
DUI checkpoint in Palmdale on Palmdale Blvd somewhere between 9th St E and 11th St E
Agoura Hills checkpoint on Thousand Oaks Bl and Kanan Rd
Long Beach DUI checkpoint on Artesia and Alondra
Hearing that the Beach Blvd checkpoint between Rosecrans and Imperial in La Habra is causing quite the backup
DUI checkpoint in Pico Rivera at Beverly at Durfee
Also one in Santa Monica on Lincoln and Pico
La Habra DUI checkpoint on Beach and Imperial
Also a tip about one on Whittier in front of Target
Just got a tip of a checkpoint on Palmdale and 9th.. we don’t know east or west
The Anaheim DUI checkpoint is on Ball between Gilbert and Magnolia
DUI checkpoint in Buena Park on Orangethorpe and Knott off the 91
Also a DUI checkpoint in Compton on Long Beach and Alondra.
Reports of a DUI checkpoint in Riverside on Adams off the 91.
Also one in Redlands on Orange and San Bernardino Ave
Checkpoints are a vital component in the fight against both impaired and unlicensed drivers. Nationally, impaired driving caused by drugs and/or alcohol causes one death every 33 minutes. Sobriety checkpoints have been proven to reduce impaired driving related collisions by removing these drivers from our streets. The average American has a 30% chance of being killed or injured by an impaired driver….this from Everything Long Beach
Los Angeles County DUI Checkpoints
- Chatsworth – Topanga Canyon at Devonshire, 7pm to 3am
- Agoura Hils – undisclosed location and time Saturday from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Paxton Street in Pacoima.Saturday from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. 7 PM to 3 AM on Florence Avenue between Main Street and Broadway in South L.A.
Sunday all over the LAPD’s “Northeast Area” (that includes Los Feliz, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, etc.).
But L.A.’s not the only place you should be vigilant about your alcohol levels behind the wheel.
- Anaheim – Gilbert and Magnolia, 8pm-2:30am
- Santa Ana – First near Flower, 7pm-1am
- Roving saturation patrols in most cities, includiing Brea, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Los Alamitos, Placentia, Santa Ana and the University of California, Irvine
San Bernardino and Riverside County DUI Checkpoints
- La Quinta – undisclosed location
Ventura County DUI Checkpoints
- Ventura – undisclosed location
San Diego County
- Imperial Beach – 9th and Palm, 7:30pm to 2:30am
- San Marcos – undisclosed time and location
The California Highway Patrol reports It’s “maximum enforcement period’‘ starts at quittin’ time — 6 p.m. — and goes until the end of Monday.