CicLAvia April, 15 2012
Volunteers are the heart and soul, the backbone and the blood of CicLAvia. It couldn’t happen without you! Check out the opportunities below and email CicLAviaVolunteer@gmail.com with any questions and to sign up.
Adopt an Intersection
This is a fun new opportunity for groups to become involved in CicLAvia. Any kind of group–school, organization, company, community, just some friends–can take charge of a soft-closure intersection along the CicLAvia route for the day. You’ll be able to make your intersection your own little party. You can set up tables, banners, play music, dress up, promote your group, etc. all while controlling bicycle and pedestrian traffic through your intersection. For more information email CicLAviaVolunteer@gmail.com
At our hubs along the route we need volunteers to help sell merchandise and provide infomation. This is a great way to spend a couple hours giving back, before or after enjoying the festivities.
- Heliotrope/Melrose Bicycle District
- MacArthur Park
- City Hall
- El Pueblo
- Hollenbeck Park
- African American Fire Fighter Museum
- 1:30pm-3:30pm **needed most
- 3:00pm-5:00pm **needed most
Email CicLAviaVolunteer@gmail.com to sign up!
Week Before Canvassing
The week of April 9th we need your help hitting the streets to put out the final notices to residences and businesses along the route.
- Saturday, April 7th 10am meet at Heliotrope & Melrose
- Sunday, April 8th 10am meet at Hollenbeck Park
- Monday, April 9th 10am meet at MacArthur Park
- Tuesday, April 10th 10am meet at 7th & Union
- Wednesday, April 11th 10am meet at 9th & Spring
- Thusday, April 12th 10am meet at 9th & Spring
- Friday, April 13th 10am meet at Heliotrope & Melrose. 3pm meet at 9th & Spring
- Saturday, April 14th 10am meet at Hollenbeck Park. 3pm meet at Little Tokyo
We are looking for folks capable of basic bike repairs (fixing flats, adjusting brakes, etc.) to ride sections of the route and lend a helping hand to those in need.
- Bicycle District to MacArthur Park
- MacArthur Park to Bike District
- MacArthur Park to City Hall
- City Hall to African American Fire Fighter Museum
- African American Fire Fighter Musuem to City Hall
- El Pueblo to Hollenbeck Park
- Hollenbeck Park to El Pueblo
From the good people at CicLAvia.