Behind the scenes here at KCRW I write and produce all of the promos you hear on-air. From Summer Nights to Morning Becomes Eclectic, it’s my job to make sure you get the scoop on all that we’ve got going on.
If you listen closely, the promos often reflect the music that I’m currently listening to. This year Grizzly Bear, Allah-Las and Divine Fits all provided many a music bed. Unfortunately, my favorite album, “Fear Fun” by Father John Misty, didn’t make the cut, promotionally speaking.
Here’s to J. Tillman writing longer instrumental intros on the next record!
Top 10 Albums of 2012
1) Father John Misty – Fear Fun (Sub Pop)
2) Tame Impala – Lonerism (Modular)
3) Grizzly Bear – Shields (Warp)
4) Twin Shadow – Confess (4AD)
5) Dirty Projectors – Swing Lo Magellan (Domino)
6) Andrew Bird – Break It Yourself (Mom & Pop)
7) Allah-Las – Allah-Las (Innovative Leisure)
8) Japandroids – Celebration Rock (Poly Vinyl)
9) Divine Fits – A Thing Called Divine Fits (Merge)
10) Beach House – Bloom (Sub Pop)
Nick Waterhouse – Time’s All Gone (Innovative Leisure)
The Orwells – Remember When (Autumn Tone)
Ty Segall – Twins (Drag City)
Diiv – Oshin (Captured Tracks)
The Walkmen – Heaven (Fat Possum)