Rodrigo y Gabriela team up with Hans Zimmer Ph: Peter "Oso" Snell

Rodrigo y Gabriela team up with Hans Zimmer Ph: Peter "Oso" Snell

Earlier this year, composer Hans Zimmer came on Morning Becomes Eclectic and broke the news about his collaboration with musical duo Rodrigo y Gabriela on the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie. He didn’t tell us much, but only had great things to say about the dueling guitarists.

Now, we finally get a chance to hear it!

Check out “The Pirate That Should Not Be” off the official soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Stream “The Pirate That Should Not Be”

Hans Zimmer has worked on the score for all four of the Pirates films, but this is Rodrigo y Gabriela’s first time contributing to a film score — though they have already achieved some incredible feats in their career, having sold over 1 million albums and played at the White House!

Pirates_4_Cover_HiThe soundtrack has a distinctive Latin flavor (inspired by Spanish actress Penelope Cruz, who stars in On Stranger Tides, according to Zimmer), and Rodrigo y Gabriela are on five tracks, three of which are their original compositions. (including the song above!)

If you need more of a Rod y Gab fix, check out their live performance in our archives. It’s just stunning. Just try and follow their fingers with your eyes…just try.

You can hear the entire soundtrack streaming in full tomorrow on the official Facebook page for the movie and see a LIVE performance of “The Pirate That Should Not Be” on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday, May 13. Its a Rod y Gab TV first — backed by a 10-piece band!

The album will be out Tuesday, May 17 and the movie hits theaters nationwide on May 20.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Track listing

1.    “Guilty of Being Innocent of Being Jack Sparrow” — (written by Hans Zimmer)
2.    “Angelica” — Featuring Rodrigo y Gabriela
(Written by Hans Zimmer, Eduardo Cruz, Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero)
3.    “Mutiny” — (written by Hans Zimmer)
4.    “The Pirate That Should Not Be” — Rodrigo y Gabriela
(Written by Rodrigo Sanchez, Gabriela Quintero and Hans Zimmer)
5.    “Mermaids” — (Written by Hans Zimmer and Eric Whitacre)
6.    “South of Heaven’s Chanting Mermaids” — Rodrigo y Gabriela
(Written by Rodrigo Sanchez, Gabriela Quintero and Hans Zimmer)
7.    “Palm Tree Escape” — Featuring Rodrigo y Gabriela
8.    “Blackbeard” — (written by Hans Zimmer)
9.    “Angry and Dead Again” — Rodrigo y Gabriela
(Written by Rodrigo Sanchez, Gabriela Quintero and Hans Zimmer)
10.    “On Stranger Tides” –
(Written by Hans Zimmer, Geoff Zanelli and Eric Whitacre)
11.    “End Credits” — (written by Hans Zimmer)
12.    “Guilty of Being Innocent of Being Jack Sparrow” — Remixed by DJ Earworm
13.    “Angelica (Grant Us Peace Remix)” — Remixed by Ki:Theory
14.    “The Pirate That Should Not Be” — Remixed by Photek
15.    “Blackbeard” — Remixed by Super Mash Bros & Thieves
16.    “South of Heaven’s Chanting Mermaids” — Remixed by Paper Diamond
16.    “Palm Tree Escape” — Remixed by Adam Freeland
17.    “Angry and Dead Again” — Remixed by Static Revenger

Related Posts with Thumbnails

• Check Out: Rodrigo y Gabriela – “The Pirate That Should Not Be” « Consequence of Sound said:

[...] official soundtrack.“The Pirate That Should Not Be”, which you can stream right now at KCRW, is one of five songs (three of which are originals) by the duo that appear on the OST. While the [...]

• Patrick said:

seen them 5 times live. this is right up there with their top stuff – incredible. kinda of reminds me of opeth in a way (also the church bell from dream theater?!) – but then infused with their originality and the pirates of the caribbean theme…… wow!

• Matthias said:

Uh, lucky you! I'd do a lot to actually see them live. Just can't switch countries like that. It's a money thing.
    But bless them, i love their music! May their stars rise limitless.

• Lyn said:

I saw them at Blues Fest Byron Bay, two people two guitars, their music held the attention of everyone, enchanting, powerful, passionate energy.

• News : Rodrigo Y Gabriela sur la BO de Pirates des Caraïbes | Double String Bends said:

[...] retrouverez ici le thème principal, revisité par ces deux fous furieux de la guitare acoustique, nommé The [...]

• Gerardo Racine said:

una de las mejores contribuciones artisticas para un film. Como dicen "a match made in heaven". I can't wait to see the movie. Felicidades Rod y Gab, disfruto mucho su musica. Buena Suerte.

• Altamente Ácido – Ouça uma das faixas da trilha do novo Piratas do Caribe said:

[...] Só precisou cravar o nome da sempre gatíssima espanhola Penelope Cruz no meio do elenco de Piratas do Caribe 4: Navegando em Águas Misteriosas para que o gênio Hans Zimmer ( responsável pela trilha sonora não só dos três filmes anteriores da franquia, como também de longas como A origem, Rei Leão e Falcão negro em perigo ) fosse buscar inspiração de sons latinos com o duo mexicano Rodrigo y Gabriela. A mistura da orquestra regida por Zimmer com a brutalidade dos violões da dupla pode ser ouvida em “The Pirate That Should Not Be”, uma das faixas disponibilizadas no site KCRW. [...]

• Nichelle Francois said:

I have to show appreciation to this writer just for bailing me out of this problem. Because of exploring through the search engines and obtaining principles which are not productive, I was thinking my entire life was gone. Being alive minus the strategies to the problems you have sorted out by way of your main posting is a critical case, and those that would have in a negative way damaged my career if I hadn’t come across your web blog. Your main skills and kindness in controlling all the pieces was crucial. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a stuff like this. I’m able to at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time so much for this skilled and amazing guide. I won’t hesitate to endorse your site to anyone who desires guidance on this topic.

• Elmer Camille said:

I’m very happy to discover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to see new stuff in your web site.

• Willard Paparelli said:

Very nice article. I definitely love this website. Stick with it!

• Angeline Stigers said:

When I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I recieve four emails with the same comment. Is there a means you can remove me from that service? Cheers!

• death note notebook said:

Okay, I’ll weigh in again. The Turning Point is worth seeing, never mind owning, which I do, schmaltzy as it is, for the extended clip of Baryshnikov dancing. “La Danse” is certainly worth seeing, but I thought it was very self-indulgent on the part of Wiseman and what I tried to convey in my post is that I would have preferred more footage of the DANCERS in the studio and on stage to all those damned shots of the corridors of the Palais Garnier. The film aside, I was appalled by the bad quality of the choreography those gorgeous dancers are performing these days; it made me sad for the institution. Beyond that, I wasn’t putting down the dancers who enjoyed the filmas Bob says, it’s their shop. Former dancers, such as Nicole Cuevas, in whose expert Pilates teaching hands I’ve put my aging (aged?) body, also loved it.
    But Bob (and yes I wish you’d seen it), that’s just exactly what the film lackedhow dancers think of themselves, view themselves. It’s about how Wiseman views the institution of the POB, not the participants.

• super kamagra said:

howdy, I’m getting bad luck trying to rank up for the words “victorias secret coupon codes”… Please approve my comment!!

• günlük burclar said:

Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task.

• Erline Howieson said:

Thanks for taking the full time to publish this! Absolutely lunch time break material.

• free warz keys said:

Blogs such as this are rare, maintain the quality!

• Nikita Drewer said:

Thank you, I’ve just been searching for info about this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve found out so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the source?

• Elodia Althiser said:

Thanks for discussing your ideas here. The other factor is that when a problem develops with a pc motherboard, people today should not have some risk connected with repairing this themselves because if it is not done right it can lead to permanent damage to the whole laptop. It’s usually safe to approach your dealer of that laptop for that repair of its motherboard. They’ve technicians who definitely have an know-how in dealing with laptop motherboard troubles and can make right analysis and perform repairs.

• Claire Stalvey said:

What i don’t realize is actually how you are not really much more well-liked than you might be right now. You are so intelligent. You realize thus significantly relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it’s one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. Always maintain it up!

• para logo said:

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful
    tapetes con logo

• para said:

This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that Everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things.
    tapetes para gimnasio

• the said:

I’m very little directly into studying, however by some means I obtained to learn numerous content inside your webpage.

• Jordi Marín said:

There are more Mexican bands with fantastic guitar players. Chek this other band: