From KCRW volunteer Sierra Drucker —
On March 18th Kevin Rose resigned from his own pioneering internet news site, Digg, to pursue a new, thus far unnamed, venture. This notorious internet entrepreneur, and one of the “Top 25 Most Influential People on the Web” according to Time and BusinessWeek, is keeping us guessing. If you’ve seen The Social Network, then you know when it comes to web innovators, it’s always about being ahead of the game.
A few years ago Rose stopped by the KCRW studio for a Guest DJ set. According to his song selection and commentary, here is my best guess about how he will approach his latest enterprise.
- It’s all about thinking outside of the box: The Knife – “Pass This On”
- Create a soothing work environment: Pinback – “Good To Sea”
- Free giveaways to grow your customer base: Iron & Wine – “Boy With A Coin”
- Focused development can yield impressive results: Bon Iver – “Flume”
- Welcome input and suggestions: MGMT – “Time To Pretend”
Check out Kevin’s Guest DJ Set on KCRW for insight into his next move.