A little over a week ago, KCRW revealed our Best Of lists, and a week ago today, I unveiled my Top Ten Most Slept On Albums. Today, I bring you the Top Ten EPs of 2018. Picking full albums is a pretty difficult task so just imagine when some of your favorites releases are EPs! I present to you my top ten EPs of 2018 and a track for each.
1) Channel Tres – Channel Tres EP (GODMODE)
Dark, sexy deep house. Think Moodyman meets Galcher Lustwerk.
2) Oscar Jerome – Where Are Your Branches? EP (Self Release)
Great vocals, solid instrumentation & production. Think Jordan Rakei meets King Krule.
3) Sudan Archives – Sink EP (Stones Throw Records)
Avant-garde classical compositions with future soul production.
4) Birthday Boy & Trish – Joseph EP (Bastard Jazz Recordings)
Modern funk & soul with an 80s feel.
5) Charlotte Day Wilson – Stone Woman EP (Self Release)
Great vocals, modern soul production and classic R&B arrangements.
6) Ben Hauke – First Takes EP (Woop Records)
Future jazz meets 2Step.
7) James Welsh – Air Valley EP (Losing Suki)
Sexy deep house, perfect for the late night.
8) Christopher Port – Everything in Quotes “Light” EP (Future Classic)
Ethereal, dreamy vocals and sound. Think Nicolas Jaar meets James Blake.
9) Tutu Atrash – Jaja Nights EP (Spinnup)
Middle Eastern melodies with modern production.
10) Surly – Trip To Warsaw EP (Astigmatic Records)
Think Chicago 2Step meets modern London jazz.