I’m yet to meet a chef who isn’t a giant music fan.
On the Guest DJ Project, we’ve hosted more than 20 of the best in the business and, without fail, they’ve all impressed me with their passion for music.
It clearly plays a huge role in what they do – whether it’s keeping them company in the kitchen while they work their magic, or setting the mood for the consumption of their culinary masterpieces.
It’s a soundtrack worthy of your attention –in or out of the kitchen – as chosen by famed Bay Area chef Alice Waters, a master of modern Mexican cuisine Rick Bayless, Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, LA standout chef and Travel Channel show host Michael Voltaggio, food writer Gail Simmons, and NY-based Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
1. Alice Waters: Youssou N’Dour — “Tan Bi”
2. Rick Bayless: Buena Vista Social Club – Marieta
3. Padma Lakshmi: Led Zeppelin – “Ramble On”
4. Michael Voltaggio: Beatles – “Let it Be”
5. Alex Guarnaschelli: Prince – “Starfish and Coffee”
6. Gail Simmons: Shout Out Louds – “Walking in Your Footsteps”