Are you a big fan of MBE? Longtime listener? Is Jason Bentley an essential part of your morning routine? Tell us about it! Record a voice memo testimonial for KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic on your smartphone and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and you may be featured on the air!
Don’t know how to do a Voice Memo? We can help with that!
Your iPhone has an app called Voice Memo on it already. Your Android phone may need to have an app installed. There are loads of free apps. We recommend one called Smart Voice Recorder.
Check your phone so you know where the app is and have it ready.
- Put your phone on Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode.
- Hit the big red button. Hold the mic on your phone up to your ear, as it were a phone call.
- Try to get a few seconds of ambient sound — just the sound of the room before and after you talk.
- Say your first name only.
- 10 to 15 seconds is about as much as you want to send
- Hit the big red button to stop.
Again, email email@example.com and put SOUND or SOUNDBITE in the subject line. Write your name in the email. You’ve done it!