KCRW’s Independent Producer Project works with independent storytellers and radio artists to develop and produce content for KCRW. We are looking for an IPP volunteer to assist us from June – August 2014. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about radio storytelling and production. We’re looking for someone who is organized, with a can-do attitude and strong writing and social media skills.
Here are some of the things you might do:
- Pitch and write blog posts for the IPP blog
- Assist with social media for the IPP Facebook page, and the UnFictional Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Research photos and other support materials for UnFictional show pages
- Help with IPP monthly newsletter
- Assistance with marketing and promotion of IPP work (for example, by getting in touch with organizations that might be particularly interested in a given story, and tapping into their networks)
- Help organize and execute the 2nd Annual 24-Hour Radio Race
The intern would be under the direct supervision of Jenny Radelet. We’d like someone who is available two days per week, preferably Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 12PM – 5PM.
If you are interested, please send a blank email to email@example.com and an application will be automatically sent back to you. Good luck!