jg130405Attari_Sandwich_Shop480x172-1

Jonathan Gold reviews one of his favorite LA lunch spots, Attari Sandwich Shop. It’s situated in the heart of Tehrangeles, on Westwood Blvd between Wilshire and Santa Monica. Jonathan recommends the shirazi salad, stewed eggplant, kookoo, tongue sandwich, ab-goosht (Friday’s only) and the tea.

Attari Sandwich Shop
1388 Westwood Blvd
Westwood
(310) 441-5488

All of Jonathan Gold’s restaurant suggestions are on the Good Food Restaurant Map.

• My Persian Kitchen said:

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that you are featuring Attari Sandwich Shop as it's my favorite sandwich shop! I absolutely love their tongue sandwich.

• Maria Loera said:

My favorite place …lots of great Persian food in Tehrangeles! West LA

• Sara F said:

I'm lucky enough to live within walking distance of this neighborhood treasure. Love the chicken olivieh sandwich, and it's so great for people watching.

• Laurel said:

Can't wait to go. Watching those elegant Persian men and women in real designer duds–at a sandwich shoppe, no less!–is probably worth the "price of admission" alone!

• duke said:

I love that Iranians still refer to themselves as "Persians". Is Persia still hiding out somewhere?

• Jesse said:

Yeah, it's next to Caucasia.

It's an ethnic distinction found in a number of countries. Afghani-Persians don't tend to call themselves "Iranians."

• Nica said:

Love this joint been going here fr years it’s down the way from my folks place! Check it out and you will be back :)

• Diet Pills said:

It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this
    web page, i am browsing this website dailly and obtain nice facts
    from here everyday.

• Michael said:

Duke, Persia is the name that the Jewish population uses instead of Iran, Thousands of years ago there was a Persian King who was open to freedom to practice the religion of choice, so the Jews felt comfortable to live there, I'm sorry that I don't know the name of the King of that time but he was far advanced as to how to treat his people…….look it up and let me know

• Tsippi said:

The king was called Ahashueras; he had a mean first wife called Vashti who influenced his evil vizier, called Haman. The story of Esther, the Jewish woman who became the new queen and saved the Jewish people of Persia from massacre by Haman and his henchmen, is the basis for the holiday, Purim.

• sebsab said:

Persians are the main ethnic group of Iran. But you don't have to be Persian to be Iranian – we have Armenians, Assyrians, Azeris, Kurds and others ethnic groups that also make up Iran and the Iranian diaspora.

The primary ethnicity of Iranians in L.A. are Persian. So there's your answer.

• solutionsinla said:

Thank you for the great recommendation. It is in the neighborhood so will definitely give a try!