Every week on the Good Food Blog we celebrate Meatless Monday by sharing a vegetarian recipe from our archives.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
Grilled Baby New Potato Salad with French Green Beans and Mint
- 2 quarts water, salted
- 2 lbs baby new potatoes (about 25-30), assorted varieties and colors such as Peruvian blue, Russian fingerling, or Red Bliss
- 1 lb thin French green beans, ends cut off
- olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pitted, herbed kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until just soft, about 3-5 minutes. Drain into a colander and let dry on paper towels.
- While potatoes are boiling, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook green beans until just done but still crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Drain immediately and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Set aside on a small plate.
- Light an outdoor grill or a stove top grill pan. Cut cooked potatoes in half or, if they are tiny, leave whole. Spray cut side with olive oil, and grill cut side down until grill marks appear.
- While potatoes are grilling, prepare the dressing. Mix garlic, mustard, vinegar, parsley, and mint in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. When potatoes are grilled and still hot, toss them in the olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add green beans and the olives and tomatoes if desired. Serve at room temperature.