David LeFevre is the chef at Manhattan Beach Post, a new restaurant just steps from the beach. He’s the former chef at Water Grill. We caught up with him at the Santa Monica Farmers Market this week where he was shopping for stone fruit (hear him on the Market Report this Saturday). He’s making a grilled peach salad and he’s also poaching apricots for a lemon cheesecake. The recipe follows…
David LeFevre’s Grilled Peach Salad
1. Half the peach (he uses yellow peaches) and discard the pit. Remove excess moisture with a towel.
2. Brush with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Grill over a very hot heat. He grills them over their white oak grill.
4. Leave the peach on just long enough for grill marks to appear. Do not over grill as the peach will turn to mush.
5. Serve in an arugula salad with whipped ricotta cheese, spiced honey and candied walnuts.